I wanted to take a few moments to let our readers know what we have been up to lately, and what’s on deck for 2018! You may have noticed our social media presences hasn’t quite been up to par, and our website seems like it hasn’t been updated in ages. This past year we missed our annual Christmas giveaways and didn’t get a chance to post about our site’s birthday. So what have we been up to?
Our lives have been a bit crazy! With the Mrs. and I both working a full time job, and completing my MBA, our oldest starting school, and now becoming a family of 5, we haven’t had much time to post. We of course have gotten out for some Frugal Florida Fun, but sadly haven’t written about the mini adventures we have gone on. We also started two new websites: VolusiaLive.com that is dedicated to providing a local police scanner feed, and OurFamilyThyme.com about our gardening adventure. (Ok so that was late 2016, but the months are all blending together…) That’s all about to change! Now with some extra spare time on my hands, we’re gearing up to make this the best year ever!
So what do we have planned so far in 2018?
- We have a great giveaway for one of the coolest events we have been to coming up shortly, so stay tuned!
- Now that we have three tiny ones, we’re going to really need to focus on events and activities that are a good value for our family size.
- We’re rockin’ a mini-van now and plan on doing some great road trips!
- Along with having some fun, our family is going to get healthy! Inspired by our oldest, you may see us post some tips about fitness, healthy eating, recipes, and more!
- In the spring we’ll be replanting our garden and tracking our progress on our sister site OurFamilyThyme.com!
- Our oldest is really curious about anything tech related, so we’re going to be doing some cool projects with electronics, ham radio, and some DIY computer stuff.
- Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! While we had a great Christmas in 2017 with friends and family, because it was my final semester of school, we really didn’t do much in terms of decorating to celebrate Santa’s arrival and the birth of Jesus. We plan on going all out, and creating a “dancing light” display as the boys say. Yes, we’re doing it on a shoe-string budget!
- At some point, we also plan on revamping our site layout based on some of the feedback our readers provide. We’re looking forward to streamlining the navigation and making sure you can find the info you want to read!
- We plan on working with readers to see what you want to read about, and stepping up our social media game. We have also been considering starting a Facebook group or forum where our users can talk about different events and frugal ideas. You’ll be be critical to this process, and we want your feedback!
- You may begin to notice new ownership at the bottom of our pages, don’t worry, it’s still us we didn’t sell out! It’s just a business move. Now with three sites, we just need to create a better umbrella to keep everything straight.
- Our site costs are covered by our advertisers. We’ll be reviewing what our readers prefer, banner ads, or sponsored articles. We don’t want to overdue it with the advertising, we’re not looking to sell out only cover our expenses.
- We’re also going to better leverage some affiliate links. As always, we promise to give you our honest opinions on products and services that we have found useful along the way. We’re not going to just post something to make a buck.
See we have a ton of goals for 2018! We hope that you’ll not only join us for 2018 but that you’ll share the Frugal Florida Fun with your friends and family as well!