Once in a blue moon, you run across a deal so good that you really should just jump right on it. This is the case for the new Amazon Fire TV
box! If you have been considering cutting the cord, or even just adding to your entertainment lineup, this media streaming device may be the unit for you. The Amazon Fire TV
is perfect for those with a HDMI TV set. Unfortunately for those with the old RCA style plugs, you won’t be able to use it. At time of writing there is a 15% savings, dropping the price down to $84 with FREE shipping. So what do you get for your hard-earned $84?
- A Free month of Amazon Prime (30 day trial)
- Streaming, streaming, and even more streaming!
- You get the big three all in one device: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video
- Streaming audio services like Pandora and iHeart Radio
- PBS Kids App is available for FREE!
- The Amazon Fire TV can mirror the Kindle tablets and apparently other Android devices. (Similar to Apple AirPlay but in the Android world)
- Games! – The Amazon Fire TV
is also a gaming platform! Don’t expect XBOX 360 Performance or anything, but is good for casual gaming. You can used the enclosed remote, or get an optional Amazon Fire Game Controller
Remember when ordering that this is a HDMI connected device, but does not come with a HDMI cable. Don’t spend an arm and a leg for these fancy gold-plated cables, digital is digital… Instead you may also want to add a AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable – 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return cable to your cart. It’s around $5 and much cheaper than the crazy store priced HDMI cables. We have been wanting to review an Amazon Fire TV, and at these prices, I think we’ll finally take the plunge!