Once a year Central Florida is blessed to host one of the very best County Fairs in the South East! Folks come in from all over the state to enjoy the festivities, events and entertainment that Volusia County has to offer. When I think of a fair, I think rides, shows, and of course deep fried everything! This year they seem to have upped the ante once again when it comes to family entertainment value!
Generally I take the time to list all the featured events, shows, and entertainment, but there is just so much to do and see that it’s tough to fit in one article! I’ll go through some highlights, of course but the Volusia County Fair website has been completely redesigned and is a great resource for planning your trip. No need for me to reinvent the wheel here, just check out their new website and click on the calendar of events. You can browse by day and see what’s going on. What’s unique is that you can filter by events, livestock shows, more using their calendar interface.
So what can you expect to see at the Volusia County Fair? For starters, the community really comes together and many local companies have booths for community outreach. There will be people selling arts, crafts, as well as educating the public about services offered and much more. If entertainment is what you’re after, be sure to checkout the Sea Lion Splash Show or the Rock-It Robot! Spend some time walking around the rides, carnival games, and of course eating some delicious fair food! If you can deep fry it, odds are they will serve it! If you just want to relax and experience some real magic, be sure to checkout the Kandu Magic show or see some really Extreme Illusions & Escapes with Josh Knotts and Lea.
The Volusia County Fair looks like great family style fun! The entry is reasonable, with adults being $10 and children $5 at the door. Parking is free. Unlimited ride bracelets are available at the times and prices indicated below. Be sure to visit their website first for Volusia County Fair coupons that you can print right from home! Frugal Florida Fun can’t wait to visit the Volusia County fair!
Volusia County Fair Details:
Open November 7th – 17th, 2013
Volusia County Fair Hours:
- MON – FRI 4PM – UNTIL MIDWAY CLOSES
- SAT NOV 9 & 16 & SUN NOV 10 – 11AM – UNTIL MIDWAY CLOSES
- TUES. NOV 12 – 11AM – UNTIL MIDWAY CLOSES
- SUN. NOV 17 LAST DAY OF FAIR 11AM – 9PM
- (FAIR CLOSES AT 9PM)
Buildings close nightly at 10pm
Volusia County Fair Discounted Admission Days:
- VETERAN’S & SERVICEMEN GET IN FOR FREE ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 11 WITH MILITARY ID. SPONSORED BY FLORIDA PUBLIC UTILITIES
- MONDAY, NOV. 11 BRING IN 3 CANS OF FOOD FOR SECOND HARVEST AND GET IN FOR HALF PRICE.
- TUES. NOV. 12 – SENIOR’S DAY 55+ GET IN FOR $6.00 FROM 11AM -7PM THEN REGULAR PRICE
- TUES. NOV. 12 – STUDENTS 18 AND UNDER ADMITTED FREE 4PM -7PM
- WED. NOV, 13 BRING A RECYCLABLE AND RECEIVE $1.00 OFF YOUR GATE ADMISSION
- THURSDAY, NOV. 14, 2013 STUDENTS 18 & UNDER ADMITTED FREE WITH AN EMPTY COCA COLA PRODUCT CAN FROM 4PM-7PM ONLY. REGULAR ADMISSION OTHERWISE.
Volusia County Fair Website: http://www.volusiacountyfair.com
Volusia County Fair Address: